Sunday, January 20, 2013

Plans for 2013

Decided to start a quilting blog. Love reading other peoples blogs but have decided this one is just for me. A bit like a diary but just about my quilting. 

I've got a few plans for this year... 

I made Maia a quilt for Christmas. I only finished the quilt top so I've still got to get some flannel to back it. I'm also thinking that I'll make it a bit bigger. 


Maia's Quilt

Eden turns 18 at the end of March and I plan to make him a quilt. I'm thinking grey background with coloured crosses. At this stage I'm going to make it in the 'Stitch in Color' fabric. Not much time to make it so need to get a move on! 


Stitch in Color Fabric

Mum has also asked me to make a quilt for Auntie Annette this year. It's her birthday in May and also Jim 1 year anniversary in May. Whether or not I can get it made by May will be anybody's guess. I'm thinking at this stage of using the Summerlove fabric. I already have some at home so wouldn't need to get too much more. Not sure of the pattern yet but would have to be something pretty quick. Maybe the disappearing nine patch? 

Summerlove Fabric

Tayla goes to Chille later in the year and I think it would be great to make a small lap quilt for her host family (maybe in NZ fabric). Also some smaller gifts to give away where needed. Maybe some mug rugs? Would also like to make her (as a going away present) a small quilt to hang on the wall with photos of family and friends. 

So all in all I think this year will be a busy quilting year. I have to decide whether to leave my sewing machine where it is behind the couch (I love watching TV while I sew) or should I move to the space room and have a sewing space (but no TV)!!

No comments:

Post a Comment